Five years ago she had, in a fit of anger and despair, thrown the bills into a basement cupboard, avoiding them like the Black Plague itself...
... Now it was time to go. She was moving on, out into a new chapter of her life. She stared at the bills before her, uncovered from behind a big bottle of chlorine and an old mop. She wondered if she should even take them with her - they brought back too many painful memories...
Wearily, she reached towards the money, flipping through and wondering how much there really was. Suddenly, a folded slip of paper caught her eye. She reached towards it almost subconsciously.
Janet,
You'll think me a coward for not telling you face-to-face, but I assure you it is for the best of both our lives. However, I really just need you to know...
4-5683-968
Her eyes burned through the numbers. Hastily, she grabbed her cell and dialled.
Sorry, but the number you are calling does not exist. Please try again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later on, she would try all she could to find him, and the one thing he so desperately wanted her to know... But really, it's all just in the number.
[Note:
If you are wondering, what the man is trying to tell her is, in fact, in the SC. Like I keep repeating... it's all in the number.]
Hm. I'm kinda confused. Want to shine some light on this?
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh. -i just found out what the numnbers mean- AWHHHHHHHH!!
ReplyDeleteOoohhhh
ReplyDeleteI got it the second time I read it over. : )
niceee! Glad you guys commented, cuz I was wondering if anyone actually got what the numbers mean... :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I did too. I knew what to do the moment I saw those numbers. :D
ReplyDelete