These four walls
cannot contain
oversaturated emotions
threatening to explode
into flooded canals
of too-bright,
suffocating colours.
These four walls
cannot contain
memories replayed
again and again
until all that remains of black and white
is an endless,
gray blur.
These four walls
cannot contain
imaginations that look beyond
what is known,
what is believed in,
what is -default-
ahead to new beginnings.
These four walls are
one step away from
crumbling
plummeting into
unreachable depths.
I am
one step away from
losing
my
mind.
***
Not sure exactly where inspiration from this one came from, but the title was inspired by WongFuPro's short, "These Four Walls". You should check it out. But before you go... comment? :)
The writing seems kind of disjointed, whether or not this is attributed to the fact that I'm imagining somebody trapped in a completely blank room for a really long time, I'm not sure. But it's a nice piece, it reminds me of how I feel from time to time.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I kinda figure that when I finished writing it, but I left it like that because it was sort of the feeling I wanted to convey - disoriented, and almost confused.
ReplyDeleteHeh.
ReplyDelete1. I was wondering where I heard the title before. Now I know.
2. The word "over-saturated" reminds me of our ICS culminating. Oh, the wonderful memories! ;D
3. Nice poem. But really, let's not get so depressed, eh? I think we are all in serious need of some fluffy Dramione fanfic. What do you say, Hammie? Up for it? :)
YES GRACE, I AGREE. On both second and third points. Time to turn this place into a fanfic site again! >:)
ReplyDeleteYeah, the disjointedness (*is reminded of set theory*), IMO, adds to the mood, especially with the meaning of the last line.
ReplyDelete