Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tuesdays Like These

Today is Tuesday. Today is definitely Tuesday. What's that I hear? Your voice telling me that it is actually Wednesday? What is Wednesday? What is this odd concept? The day after Tuesday is Tuesday. Then it's Thursday. There is nothing in between. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Yesterday was Tuesday, and today is Tuesday, and because concert band doesn't start until next Tuesday, I had  no activities today. Hm? You don't believe me? Unfortunately, I did...

At lunch I grabbed my All Science Challenge bag from my locker, and proceeded to the "Oliver" hallway as usual to eat, passing a girl who alarmed me when she said she was going to a key club meeting. But it's Tuesday, I thought to myself.

"It's only a meeting for those going to convention."

"Oh, I see." No wonder. Meetings are always on Thursdays. Why would they suddenly move it to Tuesday?

I noticed that the group of people in the Oliver hallway was smaller. But I had arrived a bit earlier than usual, so maybe everyone was just taking their time. After I finished eating though, there were still people missing from the usual group. Maybe they're all going to convention. After all, I was away for two weeks before the winter break, which meant that I missed the last two meetings. Maybe they decided that they wanted to go while I was away.


A lunch bag swung at my shoulder while I was watching people do math. I turned to see Snobby, who put a hand firmly on my shoulder. "Geez [Halalcohol]! You missed a meeting of a club you're an executive for!"

"What?! What club?"

He pointed at the doorway right beside me. "Jane's."

Oh. Shit. It's Wednesday. Dashing into the room, I walked straight up to Noctilucence, past the leaving members. "I have no excuse for missing the meeting." I was ready for whatever fit she was about to throw.

She shook her head. "That's alright." She continued sorting papers in her folder. Huh? That was... Oddly calm."What did I miss?"

"Not much. I don't even know what we just talked about."

"Ummm... Okay." The next five minutes are awkward.

***

I don't notice the bell ring after my last class, Careers. What I do notice is that suddenly three quarters of the class is gone. So I pack up and leave, rolling my eyes at the boys huddled beside the computer, who are playing Tux Racer. As usual, I pack up and leave. It's Tuesday. There's nothing to do after school. On the bus, halfway home, I freeze in position, hit with a sudden realization. It's not Tuesday. It's Wednesday.

My mother had just printed sheet music this morning that I needed for today's Chamber Orchestra after school. I had to get up earlier so that my mother could print sheet music this morning that I needed for today's Chamber Orchestra after school. I was currently on the bus, once again shocked to realize that it was Wednesday, and finally remembering that I had to get up earlier so that my mother could print sheet music this morning that I needed for today's Chamber Orchestra after school.

@]#$% #$^&* #* ^&&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111


I hate Wednesdays.

7 comments:

  1. Ha. Very interesting. I'm assuming this is half/actually real? I didn't get that last part though... care to explain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't worry, I haven't checked my email (or anything else online, really, for that matter) since exams, and possibly before that, so I had no idea we had a Chamber Orchestra meeting. Until just now.

    Yeah.


    So, uh, hopefully when we explain to Y. next meeting he won't be too upset?


    [also, i am mildly sick of reading about gilgamesh and whatever random dreams he's having, or this god/goddess's intentions/praise/gifts/8 winds?!/etc.etc. honestly. who says "break the fast" anymore? or ever? and i feel like any moment now, i might start spouting words like "axes of nine score pounds" =.=]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that must have sucked. I missed my choir today, but I had a legit excuse. Thank god, or I would've been kicked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sympathize. Today, I realized that up until now, I've been writing 2010 for the date in every subject. -.-"

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hannah: I missed Chamber even though I got the sheet music for it printed that morning, which I had to get up early to do. So I really should have remembered.

    @Yaning: Ok, good. So I'm not alone in skipping.

    @Singyu: Legit excuse? Like it was actually legit? Or you twisted it and made it sound like that?

    @Grace: Lol, I haven't done that yet, but I have to slow down whenever I put the year on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no, it was legit. I had my CyberARTs interview. I got in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOAH! The results came out that fast? And congratulations! Of course, it's not surprising that you made it. What is, is why you didn't last time... So you didn't miss your meeting, after all. :P

    ReplyDelete