Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Time and Time Again

There are 31 536 000 seconds in a year.

Yet here's the catch: it isn't as if I have those 31 536 000 seconds and you do too. If that were the case, we'd be able to pool it all together, wouldn't we? We'd be able to ultimately cheat time, and obviously that's not possible. But you and I, we both knew that already.

So why is it that we let time slip away, all the while knowing that it is the most precious entity in the world? Is it because we think we have all the time in the world to do whatever we want? Is life ultimately procrastination stretched to its limit? Perhaps we're not even entirely conscious of how much time we waste - all the time. We talk about how we spend time doing this and that... as if, like money, we can earn it all back in the end. Yet the truth of course is, we can't. We can't earn it, gift it, do anything with it except watch it slowly ebb away.

What can we do, except hope that we'll have enough time to live our lives to its maximum capacity?

Let's live those 31 536 000 seconds to the max this upcoming 2013 year, or even this school year, and strive to achieve something, anything, say, once a week. Something worthwhile enough that we'll be able to say we used our time wisely. Because really, we'll never know how much time we have left.

***
Okay, so, it's been ages since I've written anything at all, and this one in itself was a bit iffy, but it's just a thought that came up in Physics today, when part of a question asked us to calculate the number number of seconds in a year. Sorry if the ending seems... a bit depressing and abrupt? There may be a followup post to this one, if I ever feel up to it.

Also, the Alaska post has yet to be written... Hopefully it will also be coming soon, although I bet most of you have long forgotten about it by now.

But anyways, I hope this post has given you something interesting to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment