It all starts off with expectations.
I was looking forward to summer last year. Really. My mom had signed me up for an animation and design summer camp, and all was pretty well. Then later, she told me she signed me up for Bronze Cross. Every single day of the week. I was devastated. She didn't even ask whether or not I wanted to. But I was okay with it. But then I realized that the entire July would be filled up, Monday to Friday, everyday of the week. Not exactly what I had planned for. Not at all.
Flash forward a month or so.
Camp was really fun. I met a lot of new people, and made some new friends. Bronze Cross was more fun than I would've ever imagined. Although it exceeded my expectations, I've got to say, it didn't by much. The friends I made there got me through the torture they call a fitness test, which isn't that hard once you think look back at it, but it's like being in hell while you're in the middle of it. It's pretty much like the beep test, minus the speeding up, and in the water. I was pretty damn sure at that point, to enjoy the rest of August.
Flash forward 3 days.
No such luck. At least, not for the first weekend. Up north at a Scouts hike camp, I got stuck with making sure the stragglers in our troop didn't fall behind by too much. Not much fun, if you ask me. Especially, trying to ignore all those whining complaints they had. I wasn't like that when I was their age. The new generation must be getting soft.
In the end, I resorted to using a stick and poking them in the back with it, not unlike a cattle prod. Call it encouragement, or call it abuse, it kept me entertained for a while, until my arm got tired pushing them forward all the time. Slowing down on purpose to match their pace didn't help much either. It used more energy than I needed. But hey, there's still the rest of August to enjoy, right?
Flash forward, a month.
I was wrong. No such luck here, either. Stuck with doing math homework all the time, staying at home, studying at the library, and drowning in boredom, I luckily kept my self company (and partially, my sanity), through the advent of twentieth-first century technology, e.g., Facebook and Messenger. I couldn't wait till school rolled around the corner so that I can meet all my friends again.
You might be wondering why this incredibly long post is just about me ranting on about my summer, or you've already scrolled down to the bottom to read the end, but there's nothing to fear. The end is near. (Hey, that rhymes!)
One week later.
Ah, school. My expectations for highschool were not high. I just realized what a bad accidental pun that was. Moving on now, my brother is already in highschool, and although I was pretty sure there were some form of drugs in every highschool, I was also pretty sure highschool would be like middle school, but with rotary and more homework. And for the most part, I was right. The first day of school was incredibly boring. My teachers were surprising, pleasantly so. They were all pretty cool teachers. Nothing was out of place here.
Another week later.
Here I am, at the end of the first week of school, and just as Friday came rolling around, a social bomb was dropped on me. Not a socialist bomb, that wouldn't make any sense, but I got caught up in the rumour mill and churned around in circles for a couple of times, if that analogy helps. Some highschool drama here and there. Oh, what fun.
And as my expectations continually get twisted, broken, and thrown around, I can't help but think that later on in the year, things might start to get better for once. Oh, how wrong I'll be when I look back...
Ahem. I uh...take credit for the awesome title. Don't deny it. It's TOTALLY from my blog. >:(
ReplyDeleteOh, and what kind of rumour was it?
Really? I got that title just off the top of my head. Of course, the only logical sequel to this post will be called the End of the Beginning, which I will write in June, once again, looking back at the expectations over the year. And it was hilarious actually, though not in the way you would think.
ReplyDeletehmm. but really. tell us about the rumour.
ReplyDeleteNah, it's cool.
ReplyDeleteOh, ok I know what the rumour is now. :D
ReplyDeleteWell, hopefully everything will turn out for the better. (No, I can't think of a less cheesy way to say that.)And maybe your End of the Beginning post will be OPTIMISTIC! Why am I so high right now? It's weird. I was like this while posting too which explains all the capitals and italics. There would have been more if I didn't edit them out...