Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Restart

Hello, my name is...

Yaning. You already know this.

I'm not sure what to say, it's been a year, and already it's like so much time has passed. I'm not going to talk about the gap. Not because it was full of unpleasantness or anything. It was a wonderful and interesting and exciting year. But it's in the past, and I figure if we're going to restart, we should restart now. In the present.

Exams will be over a couple of days, and shortly after the summer starts I'll be off to Quebec. I'm going on a student work exchange, more details about the program if you want it here, and I think I'll have time to update once I'm there. Hey, maybe if I get a job in customer service I can complain about it here. Or maybe a few interesting French language quirks will crop up. 

Summatives have been busy and stressful, even more so than usual. After I catch a bit of a reprieve from the sleep deficiency, I think I'll be back on my feet and ready to start something new.


4 comments:

  1. Wow...
    In some ways, I've been waiting for this to happen for awhile now. Maybe it will motivate me to write more, because sadly I haven't really written much outside of English class. Perfect summer project, I guess. :)

    You're going on a work exchange in Quebec? Is it the YMCA one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the YMCA one. It actually sounds like a really good program, but not a lot of people applied for it, it seems. I'm pretty excited, although they do seem to be kind of disorganized. I'm supposed to leave in 10 days, and I /still/ don't know who my exchange partner is or what my job placement is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time stamp is reading 4:29 AM... what were you doing up so late? And I was going to suggest to you in person that you could start like, a journal blog for your trip to Quebec, a photojournal kinda thing would be really nice. Like this! http://singyulam.blogspot.ca/

    Also, I must crash your place sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early. I woke up early. I don't know why, I just did. I was really annoyed too, because I had an exam that day. Today.

    I'm not really the kind of person who takes pictures. I'll try, though.

    ReplyDelete