Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SC: Angelique

Wow. For some reason, they always end up being so long...
Anyways, this is what you get when you read Ellen Hopkins and Jodi Picoult for the last week. Or, at least, this is what I get. xD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Angelique,

It’s been three years. It’s about time I told you the truth.

It was… supposed to have only been him. He was the Devil, the evil one I wanted to rid from our lives for good. You… you didn’t know what he did to me while mom was away on her business trips and you slept soundly in your crib. No one knew. I just couldn’t stand the thought of you going through the same things I had to.

Who knew that, at age three, you would’ve run after him? I tried my hardest, but couldn’t contain you in my arms. You mistook the lust in his eyes for love; the way he stroked your cheek while dirty thoughts ran through his head for fatherly affection. And so you chased after him, into the detonating house.

Granted, I went in after you. I couldn’t bear to lose you – for three years you’d been the only reason why I hadn’t given up on life completely. It was supposed to have been the perfect plan – get rid of him, create a new beginning for the two of us. But it all went wrong. And I saw it with my very own eyes – you, running towards the bedroom door, the flames rushing out to meet you, engulfing you with its fiery tongue. Your ear-piercing scream will echo in my heart forever.

It has been three years to that date. I will forever regret losing you, my dear Angelique. I don’t live one moment without thinking of the life you could’ve had, if it had not been for me. And believe me, there were times when I’d thought of ending my own life, to make it up for you. But mom quit work, came back home, and together, we have begun to rebuild our lives from the embers you left us.

I hope you are in a better place now. I know you will never forgive me, but please, I promise I will make it up to you, no matter what it takes. Wait for me, Angelique. I will join you soon.

Love forever,
Marianne

3 comments:

  1. aww. Hannah, you've done it again. Very nice, but sometimes, I think you should write happier stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Except it'd probably be bad. And cheesy. So no, unless I suddenly have a brilliant, happy brain wave. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not likely. I mean, who's ever heard of a "happy wave" or a "happiness attack"?

    ReplyDelete