She couldn’t take it anymore.
By now, the school year was almost over. But everyone – literally – had them, and no one could explain exactly what they were. And so she thought and thought, secretly hatching a plan. For years she had been the hated one in the school – now was it finally the time to get back at all of them?
…Finally, it was the last day of school – two minutes and the bell would ring, the teachers left at peace. Except…
“Now class, listen up! Yes you, Mr. Haywalker. Ms. Jones, why in the world are you studying on the last day of school? Anyway, as you all know, it’s the end of the school year! But here’s the catch – you all need to take those… hideous contraptions off before you can leave!”
Suddenly, the atmosphere in the classroom turned from joyous to panic. There were numerous cries of “No!” and “You can’t do this to us!”, but she didn’t listen.
“Now, ready everyone? On a count of three…”
The class cringed simultaneously–
“One, two… three!”
–But obliged. Students fell to the ground, some hauntingly still, others dripping blood from their ears. She gasped – no one would’ve expected it to be this bad. Cautiously, she walked near a pair of them, holding them up, careful not to stick them all the way in.
Breathe in, breath out. Breathe in, breath out. Breathe in, breath out…
Hmmmm... Interesting... If they make you bleed... and they can be described as contraptions... and they're in your ear... All I can think of is earrings.
ReplyDeleteWell actually, *spoiler alert*, you were right the first time. They are, in fact, headphones. I got the whole idea for this from something that I remember reading a long time ago.
ReplyDeleteOh, yay for me, then. But now I'm curious as to what you read.
ReplyDeleteOh, I got that they were like, earbuds but the second last paragraph.
ReplyDelete@Halalcohol: I really can't remember. For some reason, the last line just popped into my head one day, and I remembered hearing it somewhere. Or maybe it was just my imagination? I really can't remember.
ReplyDelete@SingYu: Well, with the whole blood part I wanted to imply that there was blood coming out of their ears. It was a really random concept - I was actually deciding whether to actually include it or not - so I get why you got kind of confused.