Tuesday, July 6, 2010

*Yawns*

I'm writing this at 6:13 in the morning. Why anyone would want to wake up at 6 in the summer is a mystery to me, but it's not like I chose to wake up.

It is currently 31 degrees (Celsius. Not Fahrenheit. That is freezing. Literally.) in my room, and that is the reason I cannot sleep. I really hope the rest of the summer is not as hot, because I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. I went to bed at 10:30, but fell asleep at around 11:30, woke up again at 3:30, and woke up again at 4:30. And then I woke up at 6. I was fed up with trying to sleep, so I decided to write about it.

Actually, it doesn't even matter if the rest of the summer is extremely hot - I'm going to China in three of the four hottest weeks of the summer. Whatever's there is probably worse than anything here. [I checked the weather network, and they look about even right now - but we have a heat wave. It'll probably subside after 3 weeks.] Now that I think about it, though, I should probably be getting used to this heat. The problem is that there's going to be a lot of AC in China, which just makes going outside feel even more unbearable.

I remember when I went on this trip to some Eastern U.S. cities in the first week of July. Washington D.C. was about 40 ish degrees, and it was humid. It's like all the hot air around you has solidified. That kind of weather is probably dangerous: the air is hotter than our body temperatures; it's humid, so that makes it harder for our sweat to evaporate (which is how we cool down!); and there's no wind, so that it can't help your sweat evaporate. We were only there for about an hour outside (not all at once, though) but I think that's about as much as I could take. -_-

I will most likely come back and edit this post later. Watch as I find a whole bunch of mistakes written in my *sort of* tired delirium.

~Yaning


6 comments:

  1. Ha! If you leave for China on Thursday, then you miss the cold front coming in on Friday! Which means that southern Ontario will FINALLY feel comfortable again. Just 3 more days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol if you cant take the heat go sleep in the basement like my dad oh n it turns out i get to go to survival camp again :D so while ur in china i get to have fun in the wilderness livin' offa scraps i.e. mulberries that I find xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...
    There are mulberries where you're going?

    Btw, how's the HP going? Have you even managed to get your hands on Philosopher's Stone?

    And I brought up a fan [from the basement], so now it's all better. : ) I slept more than 6 hours last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way,

    you should visit this link:

    http://www.writingcentre.uottawa.ca/hypergrammar/punct.html

    It tells you when to use punctuation. ._.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ill tell you all about it when you get back/go on msn xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. and a link for reading harry poter books off teh interwebs would be more useful cuz im trapped inside my house by the heavy rain n cant get to the library T__T

    ReplyDelete