Monday, August 23, 2010

Movies that Yaning and Halalcohol really need to watch

Well due to a recent bout of nagging I received and the sudden realization that a lot of people I know (Yaning, Halalcohol, etc.) need to get out more, I will now be posting a movie - related list every couple weeks or so in a (probably futile) attempt to get some of you out there to see it.

Starting with the most obvious, here are my 5 all time fav movies/series (all fan-boys out there who want to argue with it can post, but I'm not gunna give a crap.)

1. INCEPTION- not only is this movie a feast for the eyes, it leaves you thinking and wanting more at the end of it. Moviegoers can attempt to take in all the information in a single screening or just sit back and watch a $160 million budget hard at work.

2. SAVING PRIVATE RYAN - if you haven't seen this film yet, you deserve to be locked up in a concentration camp and forced to watch it over and over. This is a WWII gem and even though there might be an excessive amount of blood and gore, the emotional depth and conflicts in this movie make it well worth the 2 hours and 50 minutes.

3. The DIE HARD series- this far through the list you probably have realized that I'm leaning towards action movies, but what do you expect? Chick flicks? I mainly like these movies because they have a very good concept and enough eye candy to keep you interested in said concept. with that said, the Die Hard series is about as hardcore as action movies get.

4. UP - you knew it was coming. This movie was pixar at its best (at least in my opinion). All the charm of a cartoon fish and a family of superheroes now suddenly gets injected with emotion when an old (human) man gets added into the picture.

5. BRAVEHEART- as cheesy and cliche a lot of the scenes in this movie will seem, let me tell you that this was the most powerful movie I have ever watched. The so called overused plotline was still very fresh in 1995 (the release year) and the ending will at least leave you somewhat teary eyed...

5 comments:

  1. First of all, when halalcohol gets back, he's going to kill you for your terrible msn typing. (e.g. ppl I kno) So I suggest you change it. And perhaps you should add Forrest Gump, The Terminal, or any Tom Hanks movie to the list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he said every week, he can't add everything in one post. Plus, Die Hard was added into that cultural vault America has, a preservation of what America was like through the ages. I'm sure Die Hard fits well with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. Personally though, Private Ryan would be my number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, I've already watched Up, thank you very much. And I KNOW I need to see Inception, I just haven't been able to. Movie theaters don't just pop up where you want them to (like in the middle of Lake Superior Provincial Park).

    As for the rest of the list, I don't think I'll be watching the Die hard series or Braveheart very soon, and even though I like Tom Hanks, I'm not very into excessive blood and gore. ( Not that you'd have expected otherwise.)

    Btw, since I didn't think Tom would go over his "msn typing" any time soon, and since it irked both Halalcohol and myself, I did it myself. I hope Tom doesn't mind. If he even reads his post again, that is. >.> [We *might* nag enough for him to post again, but unfortunately, it's not a guarantee.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, Saving Private Ryan was an awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete