Yesterday I fell asleep while standing up on the bus. I've only done that one other time, while holding on to one of those bright yellow poles. The bus did a funny jerk that immediately smoothed out, so that my legs moved beneath me and my body stayed still, which woke me up. I think I hit the pole, though. Don't remember much.
This time was really weird too. I was holding the strap, and everything got fuzzy, but then my legs gave away. So as I dropped, I woke up, and by the time I could tense my legs, I was half squatting. This reaction gave me a two second stare from the man sitting in front of me. I almost fell asleep again, so I decided that it might be safer to sit, even though it was almost my stop. Yes, I fell asleep again. Luckily, I had five seconds to realize where I was, that I should be getting off, and to pull the cord. The whole ride seemed longer than it should have been, so either Yaning was right about Finch being faster, or it was just because I was subconscious half the time.
Oh, usually when I fall asleep on the bus, I always wake up like, right on time.
ReplyDeleteHehehe...
ReplyDeleteFinch is faster
Steeles is slow.
Yeah, that was really lame. I know.
You were probably in really light sleep, which doesn't feel like sleeping until after you wake up, at which point a lot of time has passed, and you realise that you were actually not awake.
That always happens to be on cars.
While I'm not standing, of course.
I sometimes wake up right on time-ish. (Specific, eh?) Usually, I have enough time to mentally get ready to arrive at my destination. But there was this time where I was asleep once the bus pulled into the station. It was really stupid, cause I was still awake when the bus was driving around to the correct drop off zone. Somebody else had to wake me up. But I had epic timing on the Montreal trip. :P
ReplyDelete@Yaning: Yeah, except I never realize that I'm asleep until I'm not asleep anymore, anyways.
Which reminds me. I woke up just in time today to get off at my stop :D Like, the doors had just opened and I just got up and walked out.
ReplyDelete@Halalcohol: Nonononono[<-- I knew this guy that actually says that aloud. All the time. I can imitate him. Kind of. I just thought that if he was thinking what I was thinking, he would say that, and why am I talking about this? It's not even related.], what I meant was that while you're /in/ light sleep, you feel like you're awake, and you're kind of conscious of the fact that you are not actually unconscious. But, when you "wake" up from light sleep, you realize that what you thought wasn't sleeping actually /was/ sleeping.
ReplyDeleteI wish comments allowed italics. It would bring more flavour to this comment.
Yes.
Flavour.
I don't think I fall asleep on buses, but I fall asleep really quickly in cars, and I /always/ wake up right before the destination.
Oh, I see now. It's weird cause I was sort of asleep again today on the Don Mills bus, and I somehow woke up a stop before Finch knowing that it was going to short turn, even though I'm pretty sure it was a 25 when I got on.
ReplyDeleteOn the whole sharing of sleeping on the bus stories, I woke up today when the Finch bus reached Warden like, for a second or so, looked around and was like, is this Warden? Then I closed my eyes for a few seconds before I opened them again, and I was like, "Oh sh@# it's Warden!" and I rushed off. I made it in time though, so that's not bad.
ReplyDelete