Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Series of Surprisingly Strange Statements

Five o'clock yesterday, I said goodbye to Jack, except he was spouting the following statements, all of which were quite puzzling and nonsensical.

"Back in June, we delivered oxygen equipment of the same size to my neighbours.
My Uncle Crazy Frederick bought many very exquisite opal jewels;
That weekly magazine is requesting help for and by junior executives;
A quart of oil mixed with zinc oxide makes a very bright paint;
This weekend, can you just work on basic techniques for improving and maximizing typing scale?
Would you please examine both these sizes of jade figurines quickly?
Six crazy kings vowed to abolish my quite pitiful jousts;
Farmer Jack realized that the big yellow quilts were too expensive.
An inspired calligrapher can create pages of beauty using stick, ink, quill, brush, pick-axe, buzz-saw, or even strawberry jam."

Obviously, I was exceptionally flabbergasted, and told him he might very well quack like a duck if he wasn't going to just communicate ordinarily like a normal person.



What a tremendously ridiculous excerpt of confusing literary oddities!
If that was your response to the above post, you are correct. These sentences are rather odd. In the meantime, you should probably consider quacking like a duck. It might earn you less confused looks.

If, however, your response went "well, that was an odd post," you are also correct! And, there is no need for any quacking of any sort.

Can anyone figure out what is so peculiar [so very, perplexedly, mind-bending-ly peculiar- Oops. I'll stop. I promise.] about those statements? Can you identify the odd one out?

And no cheating. That includes, but is not excluded to, Googling it. Or, if you absolutely cannot resist the overwhelming[ly taunting] temptation of doing so, post a reply following the pattern [<--- would it be called a pattern? I'm not sure. Whatever. You know what I mean.] of the statements. So it doesn't get spoiled.

Quack
~Yaning

9 comments:

  1. Only the ones in quotation follow the pattern, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very tempted to Google it, except I wouldn't know what to search anyways. Wanna drop a hint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No.




    [don't you love these extremely explanatory replies?]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace says: Heh. I think I've got it: ***extremely obvious statement**** How did I figure it out? CS class. >:)

    Nooo, you must not spoil it! Try making up your own sentence. That isn't as well known.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gahhhhhhhh. I hate having my posts "modded." Oh well. I'll post my own sentence later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, too late. I already saw the example. So I'll add to it.

    At noon, the burning sun reaches an exciting zenith in the desert, which can invariably be seen from the leeward fjord quadrant in Pakistan.

    Ok, that was just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. all questions asked by five watch experts amazed the judge.
    did i get it?

    ReplyDelete