I've been tracking the progress of the moon for the past week, everyday I get home from school. It's waxing. Very slowly.
French is boring. Today, we watched The Simpsons... in English. The only French compensation was that Bart went to France, so the characters were sometimes speaking French. I spent my time doing music theory (for music class), but then I got bored and noticed that people were playing Sevens, so I joined them. (BTW, Sevens is a card game.) I won 2/3 times. Or maybe we played four times. I don't remember. I don't really care.
Mrs. Hafner... save me... It's been deemed illegal to use the imperfect tense... I considered proving to my teacher that I was a trained professional in applying the principals of the imperfect technique with those sheets Mrs. Hafner gave us last year... but then I decided that it was inappropriate, and my teacher probably still wouldn't let me. There is not a single thing that he's taught us so far that I didn't know before. And yet his oral marking is harder than Hafner's.
Ha, science fair. Yes, I'll do that... later.
I think my Geo average is going to go down, after those recent quizzes. Is that how you spell the plural of quiz? It looks right, but that's an irregular rule. I think. Maybe not. I'm sleepy right now, so I'm too lazy to think. You are supposed to double the final consonant normally, right?
Funky. I pressed the enter key once, and it jumped down two lines.
My cherry tree is the only one on the street that still has leaves. It's like that every year. Right now, some of said leaves can still be considered green-yellow rather than yellow-green.
Lamb dumplings taste weird. In neither a good or bad way. They're just... weird.
Why does there seem to be a universal agreement that olive is an ugly colour? Not saying that I like it, but why can colours now be classified as ugly and pretty too?
I like olive. However, I don't like the shade of green that's a smidgen lighter, kind of like puke green.
ReplyDeleteColours are generally "ugly" in relation to their environment or their application.
ReplyDeleteFor instance, olive green would clash horribly with fuchsia or neon orange, but would suit a yellowish or sepia kind of colour scheme well.
Plus, "ugly" and "pretty" are subjective. Olive is probably universally considered ugly because it's not very bright, but it's harder to find colours that go well with it than most other mellow colours.
Also, olive green's uses usually extends from "nasty" to "calm," which is probably as far as it goes. Like, "cheerful" is way out of the extent of olive green. These descriptions probably come from the common occurrences of olive green in nature in things like moss or whatever.
Oh, and being very close to puke green doesn't help its case.
Ah, yes of course. The textbook explanation. I guess its true.
ReplyDelete*squeeze squeeze*
ReplyDeleteMr.B
:)
...I don't know that ^ person. :D
ReplyDeleteD'you mean Mr. B? or Alex?
ReplyDeleteAnd that wasn't textbook.
We don't even use textbooks in art. Well,we did once, but that was a quick skim though the eras and "isms."