Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life in a Day

Hey guys. It's been so long since I've made a post other than some piece of fiction! But that's OK, because now here I am.

Did you guys hear about Life in a Day? On July 24, 2010, everyone around the world were asked to film a day in the life of themselves. The clips could be about anything, from the beginning of the day to the end. Then, they uploaded their videos onto Youtube, and several people worked together to produce an end result: a 90-minute documentary. They looked and sorted through over 4500 hours of clips, to put together a fantastic piece. The world premiere was today! It was streamed live on Youtube, while it was presented at the Sundance Film Festival.

In case you were wondering, I didn't actually film anything - though it would've been really awesome to, had I known about it earlier. I just noticed the ad on Youtube, and watched the entire presentation today! I must say, the film is definitely very unique. It... really gives you a glimpse of the world, all in one day. There are so many different thoughts on life, and so many insights to other people's cultures. If you get a chance, you should definitely watch it. It's a very thoughtful movie, and you'll probably have a slightly different perspective of the world when it's over.

3 comments:

  1. 90 MINUTES! I could be spending 90 minutes studying for a geo exam! How dare you try and distract me Hannah! *Runs off and plays 5 hours of video games.*

    Yeah, I'll add that to my list of things to do later. But that does sound pretty interesting. I'm wondering what the compilation looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... way to study for geo.

    HEY LOOK, IT'S A DISTRACTION!

    You should watch it. It's really interesting, and definitely a first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, hey, i watched part of this!

    [the yt icon was different, and i got distracted]

    only i got cut off halfway because my parents were nagging me to go to sleep, and i missed out on a bit of the middle.

    so i might go back and watch that part i missed when i have the time.

    ReplyDelete