Monday, January 24, 2011

Thoughts of You

When I was home in Scarlet town, I had a single dream:
To sail away across the sea to lands I’d never seen.

We were both survivors, once.

I longed for new adventure, a life to call my own,
But I never thought I’d ever leave home.

Evil lies within the eyes of the beholder. But, love conquers all in the end.

But now I sometimes stand alone when all my work is done,
And Scarlet town seems far away beyond the setting sun.

I hear your screams. Your desperate pleas thunder in my ears, though you are a million miles away. You must believe me when I say I tried, hard, to hold on.

I’ve lived my new adventures; I’ve had my chance to roam.
I never thought I’d ever miss home.

My last thoughts are of you: the time we spent together, the hundreds of good memories. When I think of you, I am, for once, truly happy.

I wish that we were travelling home.

Be strong now, without me. Be the survivor we both tried to be.

Annie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is based on the Hunger Games, FinnickxAnnie. I think they make an awesome couple, way better than Katnissxwhoever. The italicized lyrics are from a song we sang in grade 6. If you haven't read the books yet, District 4 - where Finnick and Annie are from - does fishing... hence the sailor song. As for the story/poem, it's based on Mockingjay, the third Hunger Games book. I would've wrote something happier, but I'm a sucker for sad endings. Comment anyway please!

6 comments:

  1. Oh. Well I haven't read any of those, so... Am I excused for not understanding it properly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sure, but definitely do read the books! The series is AWESOME. Trust me, it'll grow on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, same here, which is why I didn't comment. Guess I'll read them off the web or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'll do that when I find the time. Which probably won't happen until like... the summer. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I read the books!

    I was a little confused at first, because i thought it was two perspectives, but after I read your note, it make a lot more sense, and I like it a lot.

    And I agree, Finnick/Annie is much better than Katniss/whoever.

    Katniss is so... flat. She has skill and determination, and intelligence, but...

    so personality-less. >:

    I feel like none of her relationships with anyone else has any depth to them, even with her mom and her sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOL. Yo, Finnick PWNS all. Too bad he died. D;

    &&&I think that Katniss' personality is a result of her, erg, unique situation. I mean, she kinda HAs to bottle up all her emotions, because if she spent time expressing herself, she'd probably have died really early on.

    That's why KatnissxPeeta is epic. She's the survival machine, and he's the oil that brings life to the machine. Bad simile, but still. KatnissxPeeta FTW. :)

    ReplyDelete