Monday, April 19, 2010

Tuesday Morning

"You say something. It's your turn."

"Uh... but, I don't have anything to say?"

"Ok, how about your Tuesday?"

"Eh. It was... not that bad, for a Tuesday. It was eventful, at least. Like, half bad luck and half good luck. Oh, and g-"

"Oh, you mean that Tuesday? Yeah, I hated that one too. It was so-"

"Hey, let me finish! You wanted me to talk about something, right?"

"Yeah, but then I started to talk about the same thing, and since you seemed not to have many ideas to talk about earlier, I thought that adding my own thoughts and opinions about the subject at hand would speed the conversation along, thus helping the situation."

"Oookay... I caught about half of that and understood about a third. Even Wikipedia has a 'simple English' setting - why can't you?"

"..."

"Oookay... To make this annoying silence (that keeps coming up!) less awkward, why don't you continue to talk about that Tuesday? You're talking about the traffic jam one, right? Oh, did I tell you? They blocked off the street where the shortcut leads to the bus stop, so then I couldn't go back to the house to tell my dad, and I was going to walk back the longer way, but then I saw this bus coming towards me, and the driver must have been, like, really intuitive or something, because I sort of half heartedly waved my arms, and then they actually stopped and I was able to get on, which is why I wasn't late at all. Oh, and that's why I said it wasn't that bad, because I had bad luck and good luck, which sort of cancelled each other out."

"Was I supposed to listen to that chunk of ... speech?"

"..."

"So, uh, how was your Tuesday?"

"... nevermind ..."

4 comments:

  1. Who did you have that conversation with? It seems very pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. That explains the rather more "set out" conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Set out?

    And I don't think I was one of the people talking either, even though it mentions stuff that only we would know, like Tuesdays. Because I didn't really imagine it like that. Or, if I was in it, then I was carrying on a conversation with myself.

    ReplyDelete