December 23rd, 1992
Dear diary, Wait. Hold on. Why am I writing to an animate object? Why am I questioning why I’m writing to an inanimate object? Why am I questioning why I’m questioning writing to an inanimate object? Okay, I’ve got to stop. I think I need to rest a bit after this. It must have been all the sugar cookies from dinner. I wouldn’t have eaten so many, but it gave me a reason not to have to participate in the quidditch conversation Harry and Ron were having.
I love my best friends and all, but haven’t they realized by now that I’m just not interested in a sport where wizards on broomsticks chase a flying ball around? It requires next to no strategy or brainpower whatsoever, and I’m not just saying that because I’m terrified of flying, as Ron and Harry always say. I’m not scared at all. Okay, fine, maybe just a little bit.
Anyways, time has really flown by. It’s already been a year since I found out I was a witch and came to this wonderful school. We had quite an adventure last year, finding the philosopher’s stone. Classes are great! Professor Lockhart is just wonderful at teaching DADA. I’m at the top of all my classes, except one. That egotistical Malfoy brat has somehow beaten me in Potions.
I do admit that his Wiggenweld potion was quite marvelous, and completed quicker than everybody else in class. However, his father knows Professor Snape, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he bribed Snape into giving him extra marks. Being the spoiled git that he is, I bet he did exactly that.
Speaking of Malfoy, I’d rather like to hex his big head off. He always makes rude remarks and calls me names like filthy mudblood. Just yesterday, his two moronic friends, or minions, rather, Crabbe and Goyle, stole my book bag and hid it! It took me forever to find it, and I was late to Transfiguration. Thank goodness McGonagall likes me. I can’t prove anything, but I’m sure Malfoy had something to do with the whole episode.
On another topic, it’s a week until Christmas, and even Malfoy can’t ruin my holiday spirit! Almost everybody will be going home for Christmas break soon, and I can’t wait to see how mum and dad have decorated the tree this year.
Rumors are that the only student staying at Hogwarts over the break will be Malfoy, because his parents have urgent matters to attend to in another country, and nobody will be at their manor over the break. No matter how stupid he is, I feel sort of bad for him. Nobody should have to spend Christmas alone.
Oh well. Maybe I’ll give him a Christmas present this year. Oh! That reminds me, I have to get started on wrapping presents for everyone!
I promise I’ll write more later!
H. G.
-----
I wasn't very 'inspired' for this chapter, but don't worry, the next one that Hannah is writing should be interesting. :)
On another note, we have an early dismissal tomorrow, so Hannah and i will be going to see the Deathly Hallows. I'm sure that will give us some more inspiration for this fic.
-Grace
Quite Hermione-like, though I can't imagine her getting high off of sugar cookies...
ReplyDeleteLove how half of her entry was about Malfoy. :P
Thinking about Malfoy? That's good. Admitting he pretty much pwned her? Even better. :D Awesome, but now I don't know what to write for the next one! Hmm.
ReplyDelete