Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mind Games

During a momentary meander through the meadow on Monday morning, a miniature bird made to maneuver my way. It settled on my shoulder, and stared straight at me. It started to speak, stating all sorts of slanders. I brushed the bird away, biding bye-bye and briskly bustled along.

The bird, however, followed, twittering obscenely in front of my face. 
I told it to go away, but it didn't want to.
I told it to be quiet but it didn't want to.
I told it to stop flying so close to me but it didn't want to.

The little louse leered at me, laughing lugubriously. It informed me that I was ignoble. It declared diligently that I didn't deserve to draw breath or die in this domain. It sat on my shoulder a second time and sighed into my sanity. I ended my exercise and excluded my eyes, all the finer to follow the fascinating flummery my foolish friend was feeding me.

Then I grabbed the bird and bit its head off . I spat it out on the sidewalk and tossed the rest of the feathery lump onto the grass.

Dear birds, 
Don't fuck with me.

6 comments:

  1. Um, it is weird if I burst out laughing immediately after reading this? ;) nicely written. I love the ending, personally. :)

    Oh, and the awesome alliteration astounded all -- of us. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woahhh. That. was. something. Very... INTERESTING? *laughs awkwardly* Haha, but I like the ending too. How nice of you to eat the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singyu: It was randomness to the extreme.

    It's good that you laughed. That wasn't the intended effect, but laughing is a good sign. The whole story was really based on those last two paragraphs, so I'm glad you guys liked it.

    The whole thing was a metaphor. The alliteration was supposed to represent a false diplomatic manner, which falls apart completely at the end. And the death of the bird was supposed to be a savage pleasure, born from annoyance. <-- Did that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. savage pleasure.
    uh huh.
    i think i'm going to stay a little farther away from you at school now.

    but actually. that was awesome.
    =) thanks for sharing. (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry. It'll never burst out at you. Just at "birds".

    ReplyDelete