Wednesday, January 26, 2011

School Life Update

Epic quote from fellow classmate Sayan:

why did GRASS have to exist??? fml 
I refuse to have the number of posts for January equal to or be less than May (possibly July, which is also rather low), so I'm going to attempt to post repeatedly until February. Watch as I fail. Or the post quality drops.

Anyways, speaking of Yaning, she won the Geography Challenge at MGCI! If you ask her, she'll probably say it's no big deal, though, cause only two classes (both TOPS) participated. But that's not the point! She's moving on to the provincials, which she'll do online. And hopefully, she'll advance to the nationals! Let's all cheer her on until then (and maybe even after, at the international level).

I suddenly love my science teacher. Today and yesterday, she handed out review packages for all the units we learned, which cover all the information we need to know. Like, EVERYTHING we need to know. She specifically said that if it wasn't in the review sheets, it wouldn't be on the test. And according to her, the exams are always easier than the unit tests she gives out. It should be a rule that teachers are required to do that.

On the other hand, I still haven't done anything about geography, which everyone is going to fail, because nobody took proper notes. Oh well. Never liked Geo anyways.

Epic quotes from our music teacher:
So, you guys are doing well, about 80% there, but you still need to work on a bit of... well, everything really.
[Interrupts composition performance test halfway through it] Wait, wait, hold on a second. Did you change all the notes or something? (Referring to his copy of the music)
There are more from him, but I can't remember them right now.

Here are some of the names of compositions done by our class:

Variations on a Theme
Variations in Bb
Variations on a Piece
Motive in Bb
Variations on a Motive
Theme and Variations
Theme in Bb

Many were cycled through numerous times. Aren't we so creative?

Guess what? In support of "social justice" (whatever that means), the TDSB is hosting an event much like Nuit Blanche to raise money. Sir John A Macdonald CI will be hosting a 24 hour art exhibition run completely by students sometime in May. All artwork, music groups and individuals, dances, and drama will be done by students. Each school participating will have their feature time slot in which to show off their students' works. An art auction will also be held, and food and drinks will be provided. All of this information is very tentative, and is subject to unexpected and extreme changes.

Yay, no school tomorrow! Or on Monday!

What takes longer to finish: a game of Cheat or Monopoly?

4 comments:

  1. actually, it was like
    "Sir, I changed some of the notes in my piece. Do you want the original?"
    "Yeah. Just give it to me after you're done the performance."
    *plays*
    [interrupts]
    "Wait wait wait. Did you change all of the notes?"

    lol

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loool. Congrats to Yantan! except you said, "Speaking of Yaning..." and you weren't speaking about her before. -.-"

    I was confused for like... a whole minute there, buddy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Yaning, and good luck at provincials!

    Oh, and I heard about the Nuit Blanche sort of event. Idea sounds interesting, but since it's TDSB... who knows? :/

    So how did exams go for you guys? Or have you not done them yet?

    I think Monopoly takes way longer. Actually, I don't even know how it's supposed to "officially" end. o.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Noctilucence: Oh, I see. All we as the audience heard was the outburst. But thanks for the clear-up.

    @Grace: ...JUST TRICKING! (I had something there before about Yaning, except I got rid of it, and forgot to modify that part.)

    @Hannah: True that. TDSB stuff is pretty sketchy. I did my first exam today for French. It was ok. Pretty easy, except I reviewed the wrong things.

    It ends when one person has a monopoly over all the money. Which takes about as long as it would in real life. But in Cheat, you can never win, especially once there are only two people left...

    ReplyDelete