Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Butterflies

You are Stephanie Wainwright. You are 16 years old and you go to Glendale Academy. Your mom and dad are divorced, but you still visit him every weekend. You have a younger sister, Margaret, who always looks up to you. Your life is pretty good.

Your POI is Ashton LeBlanc. You don’t know this yet, but you will soon. He will be in your grade 11 chemistry class. He’ll sit exactly three seats to the right and two seats in front of you. And you two will be paired up by Mr. Fernwell, the chem teacher, to work on the end-of-semester evaluation assignment, on December 19 of your grade 11 year.

You’re probably wondering how I know this. Truth is, I live inside of you. I am the one who looks into your future and helps you find The One. Oh, my name is Mirah. I was assigned to you the day you were born. I have been waiting patiently inside you for all these years, waiting for the day when you would finally need me. Because I’m the one who will help you meet Him.

I picked Him out for you myself – it is one of my duties. The minute I saw him, I knew he’d be perfect for you. He is a little shy, but actually very outgoing when with his friends. He hates strawberries but loves blueberries, just like you. He loves the Beatles and Elton John. But you will find all this out as you get to know him, of course.

On the night of December 18, I will call to Headquarters, and my friends will be sent to come join me. Then, when the new day arrives, you will feel different – lighter, if I may. When you get to school, and Mr. Fernwell pairs you up with Him, we will all be flapping our wings as hard as we can, to make you realize. After that, you’ll feel us every time you see him. And then we can only hope it’ll be a happily ever after.

Yes, Stephanie. The fluttering you'll feel in your stomach the day you see him? That will be us.

8 comments:

  1. I really like this. : ) Especially the second paragraph and the last line. (Even though I don't know what POI means. Don't tell me. I'll figure it out. Usually I do, with acronyms.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew, Yaning, you fail. I got it like, immediately. And when I saw Ashton LeBlanc, I thought of Austin O'Boyle. Kinda similar xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone :)

    @ SingYu: I thought of the name randomly, and then I looked it up on Google for the fun of it - turns out to be some football player or something. o__O
    @ Yaning: Keep thinking! I didn't reveal it on purpose, but it should be pretty easy to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I understand what it's supposed to mean, I just wasn't sure what the letters specifically stood for. You know when you know what something is supposed to mean, but you don't know EXACTLY what it is?

    Anyways, that's not the /point/, I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the POV. It's very new and fresh. And experimental.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Very experimental, actually.

    ReplyDelete