Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dinosaur Eggs

Out of saran wrap windows,

I saw dinosaur eggs.

And where I walked,

Split a fine line between worlds

That thin boundary.


Out of saran wrap windows,

I watched the dawn.

Space between light and dark

Mist curling, far.




[This is a Really Pointless Poem that has a nice ring to it. I’d like to see what meanings you derive out of this, because I’m pretty sure it’ll be different for everyone. Mostly because it was really randomly written. And therefore has no intended effect. ]

I found these writing prompts online. And no, the prompt was not "dinosaur eggs." It just happened to suit being the title.

~Yaning

: )

5 comments:

  1. Woah, this reminds me of a website I saw filled with stupid poems! I'll put it under the Interesting Reads section soon. Be sure to check it, its pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. that's kind of insulting to Yantan...D;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say her poem was stupid. (And I hope she didn't interpret it that way.) I just said it reminded me of a site with stupid poems. Actually, pointless would have been a better word. Just... wait until I put it in. Then you'll know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And for some reason, I have the same picture stuck in my head for the whole poem. It's dawn, and someone is walking on the top of a brick wall, and there's a wood frame with saran wrap. I don't see dinosaur eggs at all. Nor can I process the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. : )

    Yay, an interpretation!
    If more people tell me what they visualize or interpret it as, I'll tell you where this came from. And yes, it's really random and generally lacking in a point whatsoever. Maybe I should write more. :/ They're fun. : )

    ReplyDelete