Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting Colder

OMG IT'S SNOWING!


Sorry, just felt the urge to point that out. :)


...Okay, fine. So I'll extend the length of this post. With what I think is the first snow of the (second half of the) year, winter is fast approaching. The days are noticeably shorter, and the mornings noticeably colder. I've always loved this white season like a true Canadian, but this year it's getting a bit annoying. Yet I can't seem to figure out why. Maybe its the lackadaisical previous winter that was far too warm to get anywhere. Or perhaps its the annoyance with my blankets that leave me shivering in the morning. Hopefully if I make a list, I'll be able to figure out what's bothering me.


Things I like about winter:


-Christmas: The festive mood rubs off onto me. And I like the pretty lights. And the sales.


-Boxing day: Again, I like the sales.


-Snow: I love the snow. Especially when its really powdery, because its fun to wade through. But packing snow is fun to play with/in. Fox, remember the turtle?


-Days when I walk outside in the morning and I'm blinded by the sun reflecting into my eyes.


-Clear, brilliant blue skies.


-Precipitation that doesn't get me wet.


-Iced puddles that are really slippery.

Things I dislike about winter:


-Mornings where its so dark and cold that I just simply can't get up.

-Freezing when I come out of the washroom after a shower.

-The fact that we never turn on the heating.

-The traffic.

-Changing shoes at school.

-Afternoons where it looks like I came back from school at midnight.

Hmmm... Nope. Still haven't figured it out.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't think it was possible. But October is now in second place for the most posts in a month! Unfortunately, we're still at half the amount for February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the posts were super-random when we first started. Also, I've gotta point out, if you've gone camping a lot, winter's also my favourite time of the year 'cuz there's no mosquitoes. It makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside knowing that they won't annoy me... not until the spring thaw at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really liked winter. Might be an Asian thing. But I like the cold. Just not, like, the whole package that comes along with winter.

    Speaking of posts, I added author tags to all the published posts. So now we know how many posts we've all contributed! Oh, and it's three months until this blog is a year old. We should have, like, a celebration of some sort. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something in relation to all this snow talk: today I saw a "snowball-maker"! Who knew they even existed? I totally want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? A snowball maker? That's so random. We should... fundraise for one. Actually, I saw this really awwesome keyboard at Stratford, and I really want that too, but its like $1700.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what was special about the keyboard?

    and I LOVELOVELOVE winter. It's just that feeling I get around that time of year, plus it's my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it came with a crapload of sounds including bass beats, and one of them was a really awesome techno thing. It even had airplane sounds... and depending on which key you pressed, you'd hear a small or large aircraft. And you can download more sounds and stuff that other people create. And it has a pitch bend wheel, but that seems pretty standard now. You have to hear it to understand how awesome it really is, though.

    ReplyDelete