---
How do you even begin to describe
The way it runs through your mind?
Like a silk avalanche,
A roller-coaster,
A seashell-studded-sky.
You're lucky if you catch it
Like a shooting star, it's rare.
Enjoy it while it lasts, because
You can never really tell
If you'll see it again.
It wraps its wings around you
Feathers glistening softly
Against your clammy hands.
Maybe it will stay longer this time...
Or maybe not.
But it's not one for quick exits
It goes out with a bang:
A firecracker of pain shot
Right into your soul.
You'll never really let go.
It leaves you blind and broken
But at least it's got a heart.
I suppose it lets you get back,
Sew yourself up,
Before it comes back a-knocking.
It'll wait until you're all right
Until it returns again.
Your worst nightmare in disguise...
A tiny white dove of peace
Can be the worst offering ever made.
---
Comment and tell me what the heck you think I'm talking about! (Because I don't even know.)
Sounds like love/heartbreak. Ish.
ReplyDeleteThat's actually the first thing that came to my mind as well.
ReplyDeleteNope. It's secretly about hurricanes.
ReplyDeletehaha. I agree with Halalcohol.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, I'm not involved, am I? 'Cuz as far as I know, we were only engaged for a day.
ReplyDeleteOH SINGYU! WHAT A FOOLISH THING TO SAY. ESPECIALLY AFTER WHAT YOU DID. DON'T WORRY THOUGH, I'LL FORGIVE YOU, OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY OWN HEART, AND BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT YOU'RE SO DASHING.
ReplyDeleteLol, what is this secret affair that I never heard of? Singyu, how COULD you? Poor Teo was upset for less than a few hours!
ReplyDeleteI KNOW! Well, actually it was more that. It was about three hours and a half.
ReplyDelete