Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chapter 5: Merry Melancholy

Sorry for posting so late, but today has been one of the most hectic days of my life. Anyways, decided to change the format to make things more interesting...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Candles glowing;
         red and green.
Streamers;
         gold, silver, dangling from the ceilings
of the Great Hall.
The arrival of Christmas.

This time around;
         no joy or Christmas spirit.
Only silent nights;
         waiting for the cheering, happiness
to be over.
Christmas is so nostalgic.

Snow is cold
Home is cold
I am cold
        cold
        cold.
Bitter memories line my thoughts;
         even my own sarcastic commentary
is not welcome;
not this time.

The bells rang loud, last time
The laughter rang loud, last time
Until everything got too loud
                                  loud
                                  loud.
People spiraling, orchestra playing;
         they dot my vision
like mosquitoes;
unwanted but persistent.

The beautiful pale pink dress…

One chance.
Once-in-a-lifetime chance.

Two times.
Two fucking times.

Three others.
Three better others? No way.

No one knows it, but I asked her.
And she said no.

Why do I care so much anyway?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please comment! Feels like no one bothers to comment on these chapters anymore... :(
- Hannah

7 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah! I didn't know you were such a great poet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? Wish people would comment more. I love the last 10 lines. Beautiful. *Claps* No I have to start thinking about the 6th book. -.-"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fatema: lol thanks! :)
    @Grace: thanks as well! I feel like they're ignoring these to try to get us to stop. :( Good luck on Ch. 6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, we're not ignoring you guys. I'm pretty sure, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was only ignoring you because I was away for 10 days. Which I will soon explain, assuming it hasn't already been explained to you. But now I'm ready to comment again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right, now for the actual comment. :P

    I love the style of the poem, especially the cold cold cold/loud loud loud part, and I love the emotion of the last few lines. The scatter of thoughts is a good way to show how he's confused.

    ReplyDelete