Sunday, May 30, 2010

WF, DC, KJ... Part I - WongFu Productions

If you're wondering what all those "acronyms" in the title stand for, well read on and find out! I've actually been meaning to write this for a long time, but the procrastination of a true giftee kept me from doing so. I'm glad I can finally take the time to share this with you, because... it's really awesome. xD

It all started off with AJ Rafael, who, if you don't know already, is a popular "YouTube artist". I was looking up his new music video ("When We Say - Juicebox" - you should really go check it out by the way). I found out that the video had been produced by a "WongFu Productions". Curious, because I'd liked the video so much, I decided to see just exactly what WongFu Productions actually was. Little did I know what lay in store on their channel...

The first video that caught my eye was called "Just A Nice Guy". Now I remember it as the video that got me hooked. It is a short film about a guy who is nice, but perhaps a little too nice... every girl just thinks of him as a friend, or big brother. With several hilarious attempts to get out of his situation and a heartwarming ending, right away I knew I had to watch more.

Next I remember watching a few other shorts with Yaning, after finishing editing our PSA. "The Turn Off" was really funny, and all the videos in "The One Days" series were simply breathtaking. This company is... awesome, I remember thinking to myself. Call it what you like, but I started getting addicted to their videos.

Perhaps though, it was also time to find out a little more about them. After a little reading and Google-ing, I found out that they were an independent film-making company. All their productions are posted both on YouTube, and their website http://www.wongfuproductions.com/. The "company" is actually only three friends - Philip Wang, Wesley Chan, and Ted Fu. They met in University (UCSD), and got into film production. But enough about them... back to their videos.

If I were to list all my favourite videos from them, the list would probably go on forever, but I strongly suggest you check them out. Their videos are exceptional.

There is one video I would like to point out though, and that is "When Five Fell". It is actually their most recently released short, and also related to one of their "The One Days" series videos, I think. But the reason I mention this one is because I think this is one of their very best shorts. The scenes and clips, as well as just the whole concept of the video, are just so beautiful! This one is definitely one of my favourites.

So number 1 of the acronyms are revealed. Stay tuned to find out what the others mean, but most of all... check out WongFu! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment