You know what really REALLY pisses - excuse the language - me off? When people say that so and so are equal. And no, I don't mean math, the only place where that is actually possible. I'm talking about everything else in life. Let's face it: the truth can be ugly. But that definitely doesn't mean we should go around deceiving ourselves and believing that things in life can actually be the same.
Go take two sheets of blank white paper. Now look at them... Can you really say that those two sheets are equal? They might be the same size, and maybe even the exact same colour, but that doesn't mean that they are the same. The particles and paper fibres are different. That is just one of the simple examples. If you really get deep down into it, you'll begin to make some pretty gruesome discoveries.
Can you really say that you get treated as equally by your friend as their other friends? More so, can you even say that you treat all your friends equally? When it all comes down to it, I don't think so. And I'm not even talking about biased-ness - it's a simple fact of life. You just can't treat two people the exact same way... Maybe similarly, but definitely not the same. Even the whole issue of racism and how men are "superior" to women are never going to change. If you ask me, I don't believe women will ever be treated equally as men, or black people as equally as white. And it's not that I'm a big pessimist or anything; I just think that sometimes the world that we are born into is already set, and it's not easy to change. I do have hope that one day everyone can be relatively equal - and that will make this world a better place - but I honestly doubt we will ever be able to be truly equal. Perhaps some people get really ticked off about this but come on, you'd better get used to it because it's not going to change.
So in conclusion, equality is really just a state of mind. We can wish and hope for it all we want, but it's not going to happen. In fact, let me put it this way: Equality in life = World Peace = a Utopian world = not going to happen. I know what you're thinking... that's so UNFAIR! But really, it's OK... live life to the fullest and soon enough you won't even realize what you're missing.
I kind of agree with the fact that total equality will never happen, but that doesn't mean we should stop treating people fairly. (If you are unfair, the FAIRbender will come to your house and knock you out! Listen to your parents, children!)
ReplyDeletexD
LOL the FAIRBENDER xD niceee
ReplyDelete