Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oddly Infuriating: Over the Shoulder

Ok, so this one really isn't that uncommon at all. As a matter of fact, it probably relates to everyone. But I think it's more extreme in my case. I absolutely hate it when others watch me work. I CAN'T work when I consiously know that others are watching, unless I'm working with them.

I can't play the piano when others are listening: I screw up. I can't do math when others are watching. I screw up. I can't read out loud when others are listening. I screw up. I guess it's because I'm afraid of being judged. Actually, I know I'm afraid of being judged. I'm afraid of screwing up, but it ends up that way anyways. And I hate how obvious it shows.

Hmmm... Interesting, I just made that connection. I mean, I knew that already, but I've never really thought it out that clearly. Anyways, the absolute worst part is when people stare at the screen while I'm typing an essay or something. Then, I can't write, like, at all. I just sit there and wait for them to go away, or I keep myself busy by wording things terribly and being very generic. Then I hold the backspace key and pretend I never typed anything.

Math is a close comparison, which usually ends up with me saying that 10% of 628 is 62 or 28. And 7 x 3 is 24.


www.StrangeBusiness.com's patented way to stop this from happening

No comments:

Post a Comment