5. Maple Bacon Morning Coffee
Bitter and greasy? Doesn't sound like a very tempting combination. But you never know, coffee and bacon may become the next chilli and chocolate. The packaging really is quite nice, but I don't get the image. It looks rather random. At least the colours match those of the background. Since I don't drink coffee, I wouldn't buy this. These are a very light roast and retail for $7.49 (US, I would assume).
4. Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar
According to the creator, when they were six, they were eating chocolate chip pancakes and once they layered them with bacon, then got addicted and changed their life's ambition to making this. Something like that...
"Let the lust of salt and sweet coat your tongue." When I want chocolate, I don't want any saltiness infiltrating the sweet. Or savoury, greasy flavours for that matter. I guess you could substitute it for a salty snack though.I would buy this just to try it and see how the flavours come together, at $7.50 a bar (again, likely USD).
3. Bacon Vodka (Bakon)
As one who's never tasted vodka, I wouldn't know how this could turn out. I imagine a group of people who got a bit too tipsy and accidentally spilled their glass of 40% alcohol into a platter of sizzling strips. Or they just started playing truth or dare. OR, they simply ate bacon and drank vodka at the same time, and found that the combination was out of this world. Either way, somehow, bacon extract made its way into a bottle. The bottle has a nice simple shape, and the image that's supposed to represent bacon is an interesting take, though I didn't recognize it at first as what it is. Unfortunately, most likely due the still rather lackadasical economy, they've filled up a shot glass sized portion of the bottle with glass. ...At least now it's more bottom heavy, and won't tip over as easily. I'm not sure of the price.2. Uncle Oinker's Savory Bacon Mints
In my opinion, the idea of these completely contradicts the point of a mint. Who wants to go around with 'minty bacon breath'? And I can't possibly imagine mint and smoke infused into harmony. While the tin is nice and playful (and could probably serve to hold paper clips or something like that after you're done with it), I wouldn't bet on the actual product. And from what I hear, it doesn't taste as good as it should. The bacon flavour far outlasts the mint, cancelling out the fresh feeling that should come with it. This $3.99 value has been described by one as tasting like a pig marinated in Scope. Despite all this, I'm still curious as to what these are like.1. Bacon Bra
Okay, so this isn't a product, but still. It's... unique. Need I say more? I'm not putting a picture up. Apparently, some people get a kick out of eating food off someone else's body, though the bacon was raw, so maybe it wasn't for eating.


!!!
ReplyDeleteI've seen that brand (2), Vosages in Pistachio! It was organic. :3
Da Shiny Blob and I ate it during Christmas, when she came to my house. Not that particular flavour, but there was this one with "two types of salt."
It actually tasted pretty good. There was a peanut butter one, that was also a bit salty, and that tasted really good, too. : )
Although, I'll admit, the bacon bra seems really disgusting. No, really. Who wants to wear that!?
Just... I mean, it must feel disgusting.
x_x
*shudder* Bacon bra...
ReplyDelete