As you have probably heard from previous posts, us giftees like to create new words... well, not only that, we also create new instant messaging abbreviations (or at least I do xD... and I believe SingYu has made some too...)! Here are a few right off the top of my head, that may just come in handy one day for you...
1. [ike ~ I know, eh] - a famous "canadian" line, and one that I often use, ike is just like ikr, except way more CANADIAN (we need to honour our country... right?) >:]
2. [lalb/nlalb ~ like a lightbulb/not like a lightbulb] - Ok, this one might require some explanation. It's actually quite a long story... Basically we were doing Christmas Karaoke, started singing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", and DL, our famous "word-inventor", started using "like a lightbulb!" to describe everything... You can pretty much guess what happened next - the line stuck, and is still being used today. Lalb means something is good, while nlalb vice versa. :)
3. [ttyt - talk to you tommorrow] - This sprang up one day because I was thinking to myself, "Well, you know how you always say ttyl to someone when you say goodbye on msn? Well, what if you weren't going to talk to them later, but instead tommorow?" And so I started using ttyt... I've had to explain to some people what it meant, but that's ok... I mean if you're not going to talk to someone later, you don't want to LIE and get their hopes up, do you? xP
4. [loti - laughing on the inside] - Ok, promise you won't laugh? This one is actually inspired by - believe it or not - High School Musical!!! Ha. You're probably loti-ing yourself right now. But it's true. In one scene, Chad's shirt said "Laughing on the Inside" (now you probably think I have no life in remembering what his shirt said, but this was a long time ago, and look what positive innovation came out of it!). I was talking to a friend one day, and they said something funny, but I didn't want them to know I was laughing, so I was just laughing to myself (great. Now you probaby think I'm crazy. Believe me, I'm not!), and I thought, "Hahaha, loti, the perfect abbreviation for that!" It kept popping up in my head over the next few days, so I decided to start using it.
5. [kthxbai - ok, thanks, bye] - This one is from AG, a long time ago. As I'm not him, I don't know exactly where it came from, or how - if - he came up with it. However I can say that it basically means, "I have what I needed from you, now stop bothering me! BYE!" Real smart, AG... Very useful for quick escapes/if you don't really want to talk to a person (Ok no... that's just mean >:])!
So there you go... Five of our most famous - ok fine, not-really-famous-at-all - "IM-ing Inventions". Trust me, there will be times when they come in handy. Now you can go show off to all your friends and they won't understand a word that you're saying! Just make sure we get the credit!*
*Everything stated above is © 2010 Giftees United. Use whenever you want!... Just as long as everyone knows what you're talking about... Oh, and if people think you are crazy, no life insurance provided. :)
The "lalb" thign wasn't as much as DL as AG, DL, me, MZ (8J), and KC, cuz we were all singing and then we simultaneously all got the idea to keep on saying lalb for the rest of the song. Funky.
ReplyDeletelol true... I'm too lazy to change it though... sorry. :]
ReplyDeleteNo prob xP
ReplyDelete