Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic Update: Day 7

Well well... I was doing homework downstairs by the computer when all of a sudden I heard cheering from my parents upstairs. Turns out, Canada's Christine Nesbitt had just passed France's leading competitor in the Women's 1000 m Long Track Speed Skating! After Nesbitt there was only one pair left, and neither could surpass her, which could only mean one thing... ANOTHER GOLD MEDAL FOR CANADA!

This moves Canada up to third overall so far in the Olympic Games, with 3 gold, 3 silver, and 1 bronze. How exciting it must be for Nesbitt, who had a look of sheer disbelief on her face when her coaches told her that, yes, she had indeed won the event! Plus, tonight, Canada has another chance for a medal - I'm guessing probably not gold though - as Patrick Chan competes for Canada again in the Men's Figure Skating Long Program! Be sure to cheer Patrick on as he tries to surpass the leading figure skater, Russia's Evgeni Plushenko. Good luck once again, Patrick! :D

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Plushenko was second. Serves him and arrogant words right.

    ReplyDelete