Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympics Update: Day 5

I've decided that from now on, I'm going to try to write an update on the Olympics everyday, about how Canada is doing each day. Let's start with today.

Canada has won another gold medal!!! This time it is for the Women's Snowboard Cross, where Maelle Rickers led Canada to gold once again, our second so far. Rickers beat out fellow competitors Deborah Anthonioz of France, who won silver, Olivia Nobs of Switzerland, who won bronze, and Helene Olafsen of Norway, who - sadly - wiped out at the very start of the finals.

And so Canada has another gold medal! If you are wondering, so far right now Canada has 2 gold, 2 silver, and 1 bronze, while Germany is in the lead with 3 gold, 4 silver, and 2 bronze. Let's hope that Canada will be able to beat them all and become the Olympics champions! >:]

We can start with tonight, where North York's - yes, North York - Patrick Chan (!!!) will compete in the Men's Figure Skating Short Program for Canada. Good luck Patrick! We - or at least I xD - will be cheering you on!

Oh and also, for those of you out there who are really caught up in the spirit and love the Olympic Games, go listen to the CTV 2010 Olympic Anthem - it's an awesome song, and really gets you into the spirit of the whole event! Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP9IQuz-jlk

GO TEAM CANADA!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good idea. Now I don't have to watch. Been busy with the French project, so I haven't posted in a while.

    ReplyDelete