When you go shopping, what do you look for? Do you prefer quality or value? Or the middle ground?
For me, it depends on the product. For example, peanut butter. There is only one brand of peanut butter I trust: Kraft. I once tried Jif, and in my opinion, it tasted TERRIBLE. It was so bland, and didn't have any sweetness. I'm also picky about baked goods. I must have Farmer's Market brand for loaf cakes and muffins. Their loaf cakes are EXCELLENT. Their muffins are GREAT. They are the only ones that don't dry out one day after you by them, and I HATE crusty, dry muffins.
For other things, I'm not so picky. I don't really care what brand of toilet paper or tissues, as long as they are reasonably soft. And frozen foods like mini pizzas and boxed entrees (Michelina's (Now Bellisio Foods)) can come in Great Value or No Name. Though they taste different, they are still okay. One frozen food I would refuse to switch brands from is Pillsbury for their Pizza Pops, or "pizza pillows", as an imitation brand calls it.
And that brings me to my next point: imitation brands. Some imitation brands are acceptable. Like No Name cheese puffs or corn chips. Others are not. PC's "Eat the Middle First" copy of Oreos is so desperate that I would never, ever, EVER buy them. Honestly, that is just low. Steal the product AND what it's known for? AND feature a glass of milk in the image? Sorry, but only Oreos can be "milk's favourite cookie!" PC, GET OUT! And I also despise brands that try and look the same as others. This applies to food, as well as other things. For example, Coach. Now, it IS their fault for creating such a confusing and intricate pattern of Cs, but copying it and replacing the Cs with Os or changing the direction of some of them is, once again, low. And so are Crocs that aren't Crocs.
I'm most picky about food. For furniture, electronics, clothing, etc, I don't care as much, but I would prefer brands I've heard of and know. For computers, I will only accept Intel. No AMD. And I love HP. I have no plausible reasons for either of these opinions, except that all my computers use Intel, and my newest one is by HP.
Hey, remember the imitation Sharpies we saw in that really Asian supermarket? [Not being racist here. I'm Asian. And that market had like, Chinese signs and everything.]
ReplyDeleteI'm not so picky about the brand of stuff, just what kind of "stuff" it is. For instance, food, I really don't care. Although, I really like the hand-baked pastries from my nearest supermarket [which also happens to be Asian.] because they taste really good. Especially if they're fresh. : )
Perhaps the only thing I really care about when it comes to brands is pencil crayons.
NEVER. BUY. PENCIL. CRAYONS. FROM. CRAYOLA.
Or, worse, Studio. *shudders*
I actually like crayola as a brand. Their crayons are pretty good, and I like their variety, and their markers are okay, too. Just... They should stick making those. Leave the pencil crayons to like, Laurentian, or Prismacolour (:3).
Oh, and I like mechanical pencils from Papermate. Those ones that come in all colours, have grip that runs all they way up itself, and a removable eraser part? Yeah, those. I like those. But I'm fine with other pencils.
Oh! And Staedtler erasers.
You know what? Let me change my statement:
I'm not picky about brands, except when it comes to art supplies/stationery.
You've got a good point. All those imitation Oreo brands are really starting to annoy me.
ReplyDelete