We all live pretty far from school, since it isn't our homeschool. In fact, h.e.n. lives 11 km from school. 9.8 km by car. Unless we want to walk 90 minutes in the morning, we need to take the bus, since most of us don't have the luxury of car rides.
Sometimes, when you're transferring, you'll miss the bus because the traffic light is red, and you can't cross the street.
Armed with that information, I ask you this very critical question:
Apparently, Tuesdays like to defy all laws of physics.
Have you guessed by now? Yep - I've missed two consecutive buses. On a route that should have buses every ten minutes.
Yes. Should. Otherwise, I would have caught the second bus.
I get off the Finch bus, nearly stumbling on the always present newspaper stand, [no, really. It's always there.] and running to the crosswalk. To my dismay, there's a bus on the other side of the street, and the traffic light is red. I heave a sigh as it leaves the station, turning around in defeat.
Instead, there is another bus, making its way over to the stop. I actually jump with joy. [Ha. I actually did jump. As cheesy as it sounds...] I'm relieved, as the light is at 5 seconds, and there is no way the bus can drop off its passengers and make it past the light in time.
"Drop off its passengers" is the important part in that line. Remember, this is Tuesday in action. So, of course, at an intersection when there are always people that get on and off the bus, NO ONE gets on or off.
Since it doesn't stop, it just drives past the stop, crossing the street just as the light turns orange.
"...so...CLOSE... No!" I inwardly yell in despair. Then, the traffic light on my side turns green. Honestly, I don't feel like crossing the street anymore.
"Curse you, Tuesday, curse you."
Convinced of my curse yet?
~Yaning
No comments:
Post a Comment