After receiving instructions about how to use the marker, we were assigned a team and played a simple round of 3 life elimination. The field seemed pretty small, but all the hollowed out barrels and sand bags made everyone invisible. The first place I got hit was in the watch. Then I got hit in the helmet. Finally, the shell made contact with my shoulder. It stung, but felt very familiar. After each round, we would head back into the waiting area, and fill up on ammo, eat, and get our guns checked if necessary.
Our ref decided to make a rule that the last one ready would get shot in the behind. At first I didn't approve of it, and I was furious when he wasn't kidding. Poor A.Y. was forced to bend over and take it. I didn't watch, and glared at the opposite wall, muttering about cruelty and corrupt people, wondering how the ref would like it if I shot him point-blank in the groin. But he did it so many times that I got used to the ritual. We played several rounds, each with different variations like the number of lives we had, or capture the flag. After 4 hours of crouching, sprinting and shooting, we were all worn out and heavily paintcoated. Everyone had gotten shot several times... All except Lazy Y.
I spent a long time wondering how he could be so good at something he hadn't tried before. He didn't get shot at all, and killed so many people. Only until some random kids showed up with semi-automatic markers with flashing lights and other professional equipment did he finally take one to the elbow. I didn't see how it was possible to transfer "virtual" skills from playing video games into real life. Then I realized that I was being stupid, and I had been assuming the whole time that he was only good because he played video games. Obviously, I should give him more credit.
Lazy Y was like the guy here, but without the awesome dual wielding paintball guns. He got a rental instead.

Lazy Y got shot a couple of times before the other guys came - only none of them were legit. Once, R.M. shot him when he had already died, and the other time, he opened friendly fire on us. From quite close, actually. So of course, we shot back.
ReplyDeleteOn the pain, it really wasn't bad. I got two on the shoulder and one on the knee that stung a little. And that's it. I had more on my wrist, arms, and front, but those were really light.
I didn't really like the "get one in the cheeks" strategy our ref used to get us all moving, either. Really unnecessary. And he was a little sexist. Did you see how he used h.e.n. to get K.C. to take the shot? We aren't vulnerable. >: ( I bet I have less bruises than most of the guys. Even Lazy Y. (He has one, I think.)
pshhh I are teh beastt except when i shot my own teammates which then resulted in a barrage of return friendly fire T__T
ReplyDeleteThat was completely your fault. So don't complain.
ReplyDeleteHe probably FORGOT they were his teammates.
ReplyDelete(Oops. Couldn't resist.)
Oh, and I get comment updates, and because your comments had to be approved first, I got two copies of each. Would you please try to avoid writing in "engrish," as it makes it easier on the eyes? Of course, that is, if you can REMEMBER.
ReplyDelete(That one just slipped, because I *ahemcoughahem* forgot to employ my mouthbrake. I'll remember next time. >.>)