Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pencil Case

It's Monday morning, and I'm at the school library, filling out some last-minute details in my agenda.

[I guess I was really groggy that morning, because...well, because this happened.]

When I finish, I take my agenda, pen, and sweater, which I had taken off after I came inside, back to my bag. As I pack them into my backpack, I realize that I'm holding my pen, and I don't have my pencil case. I look back towards the counter where I was sitting, and it was nowhere to be found.

I spot SingYu standing right in front of the desk, so I ask him "Have you seen my pencil case? I swear it was just there."

"Uh, no. I have no idea where it is."

At this point, I get suspicious. You see, SingYu is somewhat [COUGH] of a kleptomaniac, and can't keep himself from taking things. It wasn't my fault I jumped to conclusions.

"Are you sure you didn't take it?" I ask, a little annoyed.
"I didn't take it!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes!"

At this point, I feel a lump underneath my sweater, and I look down.

"Wait," We both say at the same time. "It's right there!"


Oops.

Everyone has those moments, don't they?
~Yaning



10 comments:

  1. Yaning, you have a bad memory. It went like this:

    *SingYu ruffles through backpack*

    Yaning: SingYu!
    SingYu: What?
    Yaning: Do you have my pencil case?
    SingYu: No, why would I do that? You're HOLDING your pencil case.

    *Yaning looks down*

    FAIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, mine captures the general feeling of the FAIL that had occurred more... Shall we say, dramatically. Anyways, it wasn't meant to be completely word for word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez. This has happened to me FIFTY times. Once I was convinced DL had my pencil, so I was like, "GIVE IT BACK!!!" and he kept going, "I DON'T HAVE IT!!!!!" And I was like "FINE! FINE!"
    Then I found it on the floor in the library.
    O_O
    But there have been many cases that are almost exactly like yours, when I'm looking for something, and then I find out I had it all along, blaming innocent *cough* people for things they actually didn't do.
    Boy who cried wolf, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I bet Lazy Y's gonna start doing that to me whenever his clothes go missing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Yaning said before I deleted that due to the fact that I'm slightly paranoid:

    "Halalcohol, do you have my sweater...?"
    "Uh, no, check with Yaning."
    "What? How did she get it? You had it last!"
    "Well, she stole it from me, so..."
    "Stole it from YOU?! It's MY sweater!"
    "Yeah, well, I don't know where it is."
    "Ehhhh....."

    However, I think it would be more like:

    "Can I have my sweater back?"
    "No."
    "Why do you keep stealing it? I'm not letting you take it home."
    "Don't worry. I won't. I gave it to Yaning to take home."
    "Ehhhh... Tell her to wash it."

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Cont.)

    "That ruins the smell. Why would we wash it? It's not like it needs it."

    "Well, I can't wash it if I don't have it. Speaking of which, I'm not letting HER take it home either!"

    "Too late. And it's not like that's ever prevented her from doing so before."

    "Creeps."

    ReplyDelete
  8. i blame the hole in my sweater on you guys xP

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was NOT us. You said yourself that it was probably CL's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't blame him, it's the HOLE in his memory.



    (I'm very sorry, but I couldn't resist. There are just too many memory disses, just waiting to be thrown at him. I don't even think his memory is that bad - only they're very addictive. Sort of like YOUR FACE! jokes.)

    ReplyDelete