Friday, February 5, 2010

Mrs. P - Teacher 8H

I thought we should dedicate a post to our beloved (*coughcough* - Ok no) teacher, Mrs. P. She came the same time we did to Tyrrell - September of 2008 (boy does that seem like a long time ago!). Some of us have had her for two years (7J!), while others have only known her this year. But regardless of how long you've known her, Mrs. P is the homeroom teacher of 8H this year.

Mrs. P is... let's just say a very interesting teacher. She is a Science teacher, but teaches us Math and English too. Mrs. P is famous for her extreme tests, pop quizzes, and especially, what I like to call the "rule-bending Math tests". AKA "Oh... yes, the test is only one page double-sided!" *indicates extremely long piece of paper beside her on the actual day of the test*

Another thing is - and I'm not sure if you can really blame our teacher for this - but trust me, SCIENCE AND ENGLISH TEACHES DON'T MIX. They should safely stay on opposite sides of this world, AWAY FROM EACH OTHER. Unfortunately though, Mrs. P has to teach us both Science and English. The Science part is fine, but on the other hand, we don't really learn anything in English class. And the sad thing is, I'm not exaggerating. I mean come on, we spent the entire year last year learning how to "make connections"! Literally. First of all, I'm pretty sure all of the sane people out there our age know how to "make connections" already, thank you very much. And look, I didn't even really mind the first two classes... but 20 classes later, even the most patient people are on edge.

Yup... well, despite that, Mrs. P is really quite nice. Some say that she might be just a bit biased towards her homeroom class... Well, truth is, I agree with that too, but as long as the bias is towards us - which it is - you don't see me complaining! Plus, our teacher has a very nice personality most of the time - she is actually quite patient with us when we "play our favorite sport"... but that's a whole other story.

Anyways, then there is the entire topic of Mrs. P's cakes. You can go ask any class in the school who has tasted her cakes - they are awesome. Her cakes are vanilla and chocolate, with frosting on top. We had a food drive this year, and Mrs. P promised that for every 100 items we brought in, she would bake the entire class cake... Guess which class ended up donating the most items in the entire school with over 300? Yup, us - although the food wasn't just because of the reward... Mrs. P is living up to her promise - we've already enjoyed two batches, with the third yet to come sometime this month.

All in all, Mrs. P is an awesome teacher, and although, fine, there may be some things people don't like about her, generally she is a very nice person. Forget the tests, and the English classes, and she would actually be a wonderful teacher! But hey, everyone has their weak spots, and besides... the cake rules out everything else. - Ok no, I didn't necessarily mean that last part, but anyhow, Mrs. P is a pretty great teacher, and we should be lucky to have her. :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, except for times when she overreacts a "little," she's not that bad. And I wish we had English with Mr. K. Much more interesting. But our math is so much better. :D Mrs. P is a good math teacher. Although I love not having to do speech arts! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I noticed someone edited all the P's. I only noticed because I was GOING to do that. And then, I arrived at the "Edit Post" page, at which point I realized they had already been replaced. I thought I was going crazy. *Coughs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. P is pretty biased to her homeroom. Remember the incident with the cell projects where she yelled at us and there was so much tension you could cut it with a butter knife? Maybe a really dull butter knife?
    I agree with the English thing. Last year's English was pretty sucky, and I think that Mr. Bennett was a way better English teacher because, ahem, we actually did English and not agenda-checking or form-signing or better yet, MATH.
    Still, though, Mrs. P is pretty nice, though I don't know. Sometimes she gives detention for little things that I don't think are justified. Like, if you don't sign your agenda, OMG, detention for you. Mr. King is way more laid-back. We don't even have to use our agendas since our homework is always on TEL, never mind sign them. If we don't do our homework and we tell him in advance, he'll very likely give us an extension. Even if we, let's say, forget our math homework, as long as we finish it by the end of the day, we don't stay after school. (I think this is mainly because he doesn't want a bunch of rowdy kids dancing around his classroom when they aren't required to be there.) Anyway, when consequences are needed, he comes up with the more appropriate ones.
    But I totally agree. Mrs. P is pretty nice and can usually relate to what we're saying and doing. Plus the cake is a bonus! xD

    ReplyDelete