Saturday, February 27, 2010

Olympic Updates

So sorry that I haven't been posting for awhile now... but in fact, it's partly because I've been following the Olympics so much! It's been making me procrastinate a lot recently, and that's quite a problem... :/

Anyhow, I PROMISE I will post as soon as the Olympics are over, just to give an entire summary of this year's games on home soil! Canada has been doing EXTREMELY well, and we even broke some records today, on Day 16: With 13 gold medals, we beat the US (with 10) at Most Gold Medals Won by a Host Country, and are tied for Most Gold Medals won in the Olympic Winter Games ever!

...And so the 2010 Vancouver XXI Winter Olympic Games come to a close tomorrow, with our last gold medal hopes being the gold medal hockey game against the US! GOOD LUCK CANADA!!! The puck drops at 12:15 PT tomorrow, which would be 3:15 ET (our time zone). Then, the closing ceremony starts at around 5:30-6:00 PT, which would be 8:30-9:00 ET.

It's certainly been the "time of our Olympics" on home soil this year! Vancouver 2010 has brought many awesome, lasting memories that I'm sure we will all remember. GO TEAM CANADA!!! #1 always! :D

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Mens' hockey won! Though it was close, and we had to go into overtime, we still beat them. And that means Harper won the bet against Obama! Apparently the police are having some trouble keeping crowds under control...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there's a picture of Obama's press secretary in the news today! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so angry when US shot in that goal. And I missed most of overtime, but came back JUST in time to see Crosby's goal. : )

    TOO good.

    Oh, and I saw Jack Layton in one of the places they showed. At first, I didn't think it could be him, and I thought it was just some random guy that was a carbon copy of Jack Layton.

    And then I find out that he is actually Jack Layton.

    ReplyDelete